Facebook advertising is an incredibly powerful lead generation tool for home improvement businesses in England. If you’re a windows, conservatory, landscaping, home improvement, drive, roofline, roofing, bathroom, kitchen, car services business or anything tradie in between, then you are going to be amazed at the results in this case study.
This case study showcases how me and my little digital marketing company, Beyond Leads Marketing, helped a Derby company with the initials CS to generate £100,000s in sales from Facebook ads. CS is a home improvement company specialised in windows, doors and conservatories in Derby, Nottingham and the East Midlands, and in this case study, you’ll find out how they shifted from traditional foot canvassing to generating high-quality leads on autopilot using Facebook advertising.
Note: The client has requested to remain somewhat anonymous in this case study, so they will be referred to as MB, the director, and the company, CS.
The client, a home improvement company in Derby, UK, was seeking a more effective method for lead generation. They had a well-established sales process but needed a way to consistently acquire qualified leads without relying on foot canvassing.
The challenges faced by this client were not unlike those faced by many other home improvement companies, including:
- Inefficient foot canvassing: Time-consuming and not always effective due to limited targeting options
- Insufficient lead generation: Difficulty in consistently generating enough qualified leads
- Lead quality: Home improvement companies depend on high-quality leads for survival and growth
- Bad experience with Facebook ads: Our client from Derby had used Facebook ads before but didn’t have a solid strategy in place, so they spent a lot of money without getting much back. Fortunately, they knew Facebook advertising had potential, so were willing to trust a professional.
Therefore, we had a number of objectives for our campaign.
- Reduce reliance on foot canvassing
- Generate a consistent stream of qualified leads
- Improve lead cost and quality
Strategy and Execution
Facebook advertising was the primary lead generation channel. The overarching strategy behind the campaign was brand awareness, on-site leads and retargeting as necessary. The campaign included:
- Precise targeting to reach the desired audience
- Captivating images and videos to grab the attention: these included high-quality images of completed projects
- Compelling ad copy tailored to the target market: once you have the attention of the potential lead, you need to appeal to them with the right message
- An enticing offer crafted with the aim of obtaining the contact details of the potential lead
- A lead collection form that helped to prequalify the lead
This all required some deep research into the demographics of people who often invest in conservatories and windows. When you know who your customer is and what they want, it’s much easier to sell to them. Therefore, market research is essential.
Collaboration and Communication
Regular communication with the client ensured a strong partnership. Initially the client helped with market research. When the ads were up and running, there was constant communication on lead quality and deals made from the leads obtained through Facebook advertising.These conversations helped fine-tune the campaign, leading to even better results.
We had some remarkable results:
- £18,767 spent on Facebook advertising over 8+ months
- Generated 900 leads, translating to several £100,000s in sales
- A single £15 lead converted into a £70,000 client
- The client did over £90,000 in sales in just one week
- A staggeringly low average cost per lead: £20.85 per lead even after aggressive spending
These results are not unique though. Other campaigns that I have run for other home improvement companies have performed similarly.
The main KPI here is the lead cost because, at the end of the day, leads are what matter. My ads are set up to pre-qualify leads to a certain extent, which naturally means there will be a higher cost per lead.The result of this strategy, however, is higher quality and better qualified leads.
Despite my prequalifying strategy, spending thousands on Facebook ads, and being quite aggressive with our campaign, we had a great cost per lead. In fact, our cost per lead was 43% LOWER than the industry average cost per lead for home improvement leads.
If we’re talking pure cost, I got leads for £20.85 compared to the industry standard of £35.54.
This was with using the prequalifying strategy described above. Now, this was not a fluke because the campaign was not a short one.
So why was it so successful?
It was successful over a long period of time because of the depth of the market research that I did before starting the ads. Preparation is key here because that market research helped me to choose and create images and videos, write ad copy, and create an offer that spoke to the audience. It also allowed me to dial in the advertising targeting so that the ads were reaching the most relevant people.
This is also evidenced in the fact that our cost per click was 23% lower than the industry average for home improvement companies: £1.79 compared to the industry average of £2.33.
This case study holds a few lessons for advertising for home improvement leads on Facebook.
- Know your market before anything else. Market research is key.
- Your customers ARE on Facebook, but they might just be scrolling aimlessly. No-one goes on Facebook looking for a conservatory, new windows, a new drive or a roof replacement, so you need to stop their scroll with the right images and videos
- Build up interest in your product through copy that speaks to them
- Make your offer needs mouthwatering
- You need to have a well-defined sales process in place
- Be willing to invest in lead generation efforts even if the leads aren’t pouring in. The algorithm needs time to work and adjust
- Continuous monitoring and optimisation of campaigns is key to reduce ad fatigue
“I had been burnt by Facebook ads before, but took a chance and hired a professional. Now, I trust Beyond Leads Marketing because I know what they can do. Since working with them, I’ve had over 10 times the amount of inquiries that I used to get and I’ve had much better branding. The best thing is that I haven’t had to do anything on the marketing side of things. The online ads have been really effective at getting me much more custom, and the most notable result was doing nearly £90,000 in 7 days just from ads. Sam knows what he’s doing. If you get the chance to work with him, do it.”
- MB, the director of CS, a home improvements company specialised in windows, doors and conservatories in Derby, Nottingham and the East Midlands.
In conclusion, this case study demonstrates the transformative power of Facebook advertising when harnessed effectively by an experienced marketer like me and Beyond Leads Marketing. My targeted approach and deep understanding of the home improvement industry has enabled me to generate impressive results for my clients, significantly improving their lead generation efforts and unlocking hidden profit from Facebook.
If you are a local business owner in the home improvement space, don’t miss out on the opportunity to elevate your marketing and grow your business.
Take the first step towards a more profitable future by reaching out to me today. Schedule a free, no-obligation consultation to discover how BI can revolutionise your lead generation and propel your business to new heights.